Friday, June 1, 2007

Key Art UPDATE

UPDATE #2... I found the guy's poster on his blog site. Is everyone blogging now? The internet is an amazing thing. Enjoy!


So, I went by myself last night. Then I got home and checked my messages. Jet wanted to come. I wish she had come with me... I seriously love that girl! I like her school too. It was my first experience at FIDM; I loved the architecture!

And no, I didn't win. I was a semi-finalist, but I knew I wasn't going to win. There were too many other posters there that people had obviously put countless hours of Photoshop into! I'm not that dedicated to Key Art (entertainment poster design)! My favorite poster of the show won.

A guy from Cal State Fullerton made a Pirates of the Caribbean poster that was super cool. He had octopus tentacles almost devouring the famous 'Pirates' skull with dark red and black overtones. If I can find a photo of it, I'll post it here. I was totally impressed.

On another note, a lady introduced herself to me and gave me her business card. She owns a studio that makes movie trailers and posters in Burbank. We talked for a while and she wants me to come talk to her about working for them. Nice. I'm not sure this is the industry I want to work for, but the pay isn't too bad. I guess we'll see what happens!

No comments: