Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Nuns pray for Spurs


I had to share this funny little article.
"Sister Rosalba Garcia, wearing a San Antonio Spurs jersey, center, Sister Angelina Gomez, holding a Spurs flag, and several other nuns of the Salesian Sister of Mary Immaculate Province gather for a photo in front of their San Antonio Spurs banner in San Antonio, Tuesday, June 5, 2007. Each Sister is praying for an individual player and had been throughout the NBA basketball play-offs."

My favorite quote from the article, "...you can be faithful to a lifestyle that is upright and true and do a lot of fun stuff." So true!

On another note, GO ANAHEIM!
I'm watching the Stanley Cup right now... it's 6 to 2, Anaheim. YAY! My home town is going to win VERY SOON!!!! [Editor's note: THEY WON!]

6 comments:

Shaun R. said...

With the nuns praying for us, how can we lose?

Shaun R. said...

Is it still an editor's note if you're the author?

Jessica said...

See #2 below...

ed·i·tor (ěd'ĭ-tər) n.

1. One who edits, especially as an occupation.
2. One who writes editorials.
3. A device for editing film, consisting basically of a splicer and viewer.
4. Computer Science A program used to edit text or data files.


"editor." The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004. 07 Jun. 2007.

Jessica said...

I think I'm still the editor if I edit my own work, right?! Maybe I just have multiple personalities. ;)

Shaun R. said...

thanks for the english lesson. I saw the nuns on the news tonight. They were at the game. They were testing them on spurs trivia. Those are some hardcore spurs fans.

Jessica said...

:)