Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I dare you not to yawn.

After FHE tonight, I came home and spent good quality time with my roommates. Kami and I played Tetris (see my ə-dĭk'shən post) on our twin computers, while listening to some tv show in the background. Let's preface this post with the fact that she and I are extremely competitive when it comes Tetris. She has a higher "Line Count" and I have a "Higher Total Score"... however that works. Anyways, amidst our lightning fast fingers, I became SO DISTRACTED by the commercial in the background, that I lost any chance of getting a better 'Top 10' score. RUDE!

What marketing department, in their right mind, would ever put this campaign together?!! Yawning is extremely contagious. Who knows why, but who cares, it just is! We all know it. Just thinking about yawning makes me yawn, but listening to it and watching it on a commercial at 11:30pm on a Monday night?!! Not funny!

I'm officially boycotting this commercial. Every time I see it on tv from now on, I'm turning the channel. You know it's bad marketing when you see a commercial once and NEVER want to see it again! Or maybe it's ingenious because I'll never forget that stupid commerical either. Yeah, I could go grab a diet Pepsi from the fridge right now and drink down as much caffeine as possible to keep from yawning, but hey, I'm tired and I want to go to bed... And, have you ever had that unfortunate accident of yawning just after guzzling down a carbonated drink? It doesn't sound pretty... or taste pretty, for that matter. Zero points for Pepsi today. And zero points on my Tetris High Scores.

PS- Yes, I embedded the video in my blog for all of you to see why I was so distracted. I'm definitely not going to be watching it, but if you decide to take the plunge... beware... it could be dangerous to your health. I especially discourage J.Thompson (of the J.Crew) not to watch this despite what time it is. I think he suffers from narcalepsy. ;)

3 comments:

Shaun R. said...

I didn't yawn!! Well I may have cheated. All the talk about yawning in your post made me think of yawning which made me yawn before I actually watched the video. So maybe I was yawned out. oops apparently not, because I just yawned again. Why are yawns so contagious that just talking about them makes you want to yawn?

Unknown said...

I honestly had to scroll down so I wouldnt have to see it. I am at work and it is 1 a.m. (I have 6 more hours to go) So, I definately dont need to start yawning now. Oh NOOOOOO! I feel a big one coming and I cant hold it back!

Renee said...

THANK YOU!! I thought I was crazy. I've seen that commercial a number of times (due to my unfortunate lack of tivo) and every time I yawn like crazy...but no one else in the room does! Are Oregonians somehow not affected by yawning? I don't get it!!