Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm a real adult now!


I bought my first major appliance on Saturday... a brand new washer and dryer! I walked in to buy a digital camera, and walked out with a washer and dryer (and camera). It reminded me of a post from Gero Student not long ago, it made me laugh. I might win the prize for the most expensive "not on the list" purchased items from one store.

The best thing about this high-efficiency washer is the $250 rebate from LADWP. Oh, and the fact that I got them for 50% off because they were floor models isn't a bad perk either.

They're being delivered tomorrow morning. By tomorrow evening, I will have clean clothes again! My new roommates are slightly excited about my new purchases as well. Not only will I smell better, but they will too. ;)

6 comments:

Kim, Byron H & M said...

YEAH!! That is so exciting and they are BEAUTIFUL!! I remember back when I was an adult with a washer and dryer. I've since regressed to having to go without. I guess it keeps me young!!

Shaun R. said...

You have me beat. All my petty purchases were still under $20 all together.

Scott and Meaghan said...

I love it! It is so funny the things we get excited about as we get older:D Congrats though, it makes life so much easier having your own W&D!

I love your blog, it is so cute, keep it up!

Kami said...

Just wait until one of your roommates or some other unknown source puts gum in your new washer...it's not always tons of fun being an adult! They look beautiful, enjoy! =)

cheyney webb said...

What a steal! It is like they almost paid you to take them off their hands! I am excited for the day that I grow up and own a washer and dryer.

Erin said...

What funny things we get excited about now. Hehe. I have washer/dryer envy...I want some new ones again. :)