Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I want your number. Literally.

I am naked and lost without my cell phone.

Date of Departure:
Friday, Aug. 10 between the hours of 11:10pm and 1:15am.

It's gone. I've looked everywhere.

I never know what time it is, which of my minions are calling, or when to wake up. The worst part about the whole thing... all of my friends' contact info is GONE. Sad. I need to look at this situation as a cleansing, a rebirth if you will. All of my HS friends, old roommates, and ex-boyfriend's phone numbers are gone... finally CAPUT! (Not that I have issues with letting go, but if someone from my past happens to call me, I'd like to know who it is before I answer! Let's face it, we all have people on our "DO NOT ANSWER" list.)

Tomorrow morning I will attempt to buy a new SIM card for a phone that was so graciously given to me today. In return, I promised my little 4-year-old boyfriend that I was just borrowing this phone... that when I was done using it, I'd let him have it back to play with. He seemed content with that idea.

The moral of this story:
Back-up your phone numbers. If you don't, you'll be sorry.

Unfortunately this cartoon doesn't mention the $350-$600 price tag for these things!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Jessica, you know I feel your pain better than anyone. In my years of cell phone losing experience I have learned that you should be able to get a sim card for free from your provider. call me if you need anymore tips.

Emily
(310) 567-1894

Carrie said...

That totally sucks!! Crazy thing, my friend Shannon had her email hacked into and all her contacts from her mission & old friends are gone forever! I'm definitely going to be backing up all my info now.

Renee said...

Hmmm...that's two uses of the work Kaput/Caput from two different friends on two different blogs in one day. Wow...

I'll send you my number via email. I don't want all those crazies calling me up :)

Breelzebub said...

This happened to me three weeks ago. I feel your pain.

Dave said...

310 405 3305 - for all the world to see (and call).

Dave said...

plaxo.com is a solution to this horror that I'm very fond of (plus it links all the computers I use to my phone and palm planner). Technology!!!!