Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Double-Dog Dare You.

Think you know your Helvetica from Times New Roman? What about Arial from Myriad? Ok, ok... some of you actually do, but what about the difference between Adobe Caslon Pro and Adobe Garamond Pro?

I'm one of those really dorky people that loves typography almost as much as life itself, and I do know the difference between those two. Sometimes I can't control myself and I'll blurt out, "That was [insert font name here]" during a commercial or movie preview. It's embarrassing. Even last week while watching Jack Bauer get the crap kicked out of him on 24, I knew the "terrorist" font they were using.

I just wanted you all to know that someone slightly nerdier than me has created a game that I am now addicted to. I've only played twice so far, but yes, I am addicted. My high score is just over 100,000. I dare any of you out there to beat me. ;) Good luck.

Check out this poster I found the other day too... it's pretty amazing.

7 comments:

Silvs said...

meh, 20,027. i don't know my bembos from my helvetica bold.

Loni said...

Thanks for giving something to get me through the last few minutes of work today! haha.

Lets just say it took me a LONG time to barely beat you.

Erin said...

19,833 and let's just say I was guessing on most of them.

Shaun R. said...

Final score: 0

Jessica said...

I just got over 147,000 points!!!

A | E said...

You have to check out the Helvetica documentary, if you haven't already!

Renee said...

ummmm...I was killed after just 4 tries. But, the first one doesn't count. I couldn't figure out how to play. Eeek!