Tuesday, November 4, 2008

It's a Boy!


Kami and I threw a baby shower for Kim last month. It turned out to be a super fun-filled night of laughs with great friends. We played two games-- 1) guess the baby food by smelling and tasting it (if you dare) and 2) guess the melted candy bar in the bottom of the diaper. The reactions on the girls' faces was priceless.

Byron was nice enough to show up just in time for the gift opening and dessert. I made a cute little pregnant cake. It was my first time using fondant and I loved it! Granted, it tastes horrible, but I frosted it enough underneath that it was easy to remove. I may have found my new calling in life... I just wish Ace of Cakes was hiring here in Los Angeles. Kami crocheted an incredible sailboat afghan and ordered a Superhero cape from our friend. You should check out her website, the cape's are absolutely adorable and completely made to order. But be sure to check out the photo below of Kim wearing the cape... and punching Kami. SO funny!!! I love my friends. :)








About three weeks after the baby shower, Kim and Byron sent a text message announcing the birth of their new baby boy, Harrison, on November 1st, the day before her own birthday. He's a healthy little guy with seriously bright blond, almost white hair. Some newborns aren't so cute... you know what I'm talking about... but Harrison is SUPER cute and absolutely adorable! Good job parents. I'm finally a pseudo aunt.


7 comments:

Ryan said...

Aww congrats to kim. You look like a natural holding that baby.

Our Family said...

Jessica- that cake looks awesome! You should do one of the food network cake challenges- I am serious!

Hilary said...

THAT CAKE!!!! you are a genius.

Darci said...

Love the cape, Erin does a great job. You did so awesome on the invitation, I wish I could pick your brain on Photoshop.

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Look how cute everything is! Those invites! That cake! Those party favors! That cape! ;) Everything looks great. I'm so glad she likes it. And the baby is adorable!

Renee said...

WHAAAAA!!! Number one reason to regret leaving LA...missing events like this!! I'm so sad that I couldn't make it for the shower...but it looks like you guys had an amazing time (great job on that cake!!). And I'm so jealous that you got to meet and hold little baby Harrison!!! HOW CUTE!!!!

Unknown said...

IS THIS A SIGN OF THINGS TO COME? HEEE, HEEEE, OK, i'LL JUST CALL THIS A SIGN, A OMEN, A GOOD LUCK CHARM,AND A POSITIVE VIBE FOR THE FUTURE!!!!!!! LOVE FROM MOM