Sunday, October 12, 2008

San Francisco - Fall '08

I drove up to San Francisco with Bethany the last weekend of September for Ryan and Laurel's wedding and reception. Except for the fact that I mistakingly took the 99 instead of the 5 into Northern California, the trip was pretty successful. Put two talkative girls in a car for a few hours, add a Frosty stop and some good laughs... and it makes for a fabulous road trip!

The sealing was held in the Oakland Temple overlooking the bay area. And the reception was held in Walnut Creek. I fell in love with two things on this trip. First was Walnut Creek. It's like the best of LA and Orange counties mixed into beautiful Northern California. Randomly, my second cousin is actually close friends of Laurel's family and in her home ward. It was a great opportunity to catch up with her after a good 11 years! It's crazy how time flies.

Laurel's neighbor was gracious enough to open his empty house up to us for gigantic slumber party of LA friends. After the second night of 3am giggling girls, I think the boys wanted to kill us all, but we survived.

The reception was exactly Laurel. Very classy, elegant, and exciting. It was perfect! Here are a couple photos from the weekend. Oh yeah... and the second thing I fell in love with in SF was Rob Moffat. As cliché as this sounds, as soon as he started singing for the couple's first dance, my heart melted. (It's true Rob! It was beautiful!)




3 comments:

cheyney webb said...

Congrats to the Plewes. Great pics.

Brooke said...

Hey jessica! Do you remember me....brooke biesinger from the LA 1st ward from back in the day...well, now brooke olsen. i found your blog through molly bice. this world is too small...i grew up with laurel in walnut creek...who is your cousin? Laurel and I also grew up in the same ward. you look great and I love your blog...you are right about Walnut Creek...it was the BEST place to grow up and I miss it! send me a line, would love to hear from you.
beeandt@hotmail.com

brooke

Heath and Brandie said...

I MISS YOU!!!!!!! I am so glad I found you! You look so good.

Love, Your fav. coz
(gordosgirls.blogspot.com)