Saturday, October 11, 2008

[bon-ding]

Did I mention I moved? I think I did, but if not... I moved in May. These are my newish roommates and I bonding one lovely Sunday evening. There's no substitute for quality time spent together in this room... with a laptop and Gchat.

bond·ing /ˈbɒndɪŋ/ bon-ding

1. Psychology, Animal Behavior.
a. a relationship that usually begins at the time of birth between a parent and offspring and that establishes the basis for an ongoing mutual attachment.
b. the establishment of a pair bond.
2. a close friendship that develops between adults, often as a result of intense experiences, as those shared in military combat.
3. Dentistry. a technique or procedure for restoring the discolored or damaged surface of a tooth by coating it with a highly durable resinous material that adheres to the existing enamel.

[Origin: 1670–80, for earlier sense; bond1 + -ing1]

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Did I mention I despise the word 'bonding'? That and 'cuddling'. I hate that word too. Not that I don't like the actual meanings and actions of these words, I just hate these words. Yes, hate.

4 comments:

Jenifer Mac said...

You made me laugh so hard with that picture. What has the world come to???? :) I'm no better. Sometimes I text my husband when he is laying next to me in bed. That's sad huh?!

Erin said...

Mr. M and I sometimes play Scrabble in the same room from our respective computers. Except now his laptop is dead. Sad day. That laptop saved our marriage (half kidding).

I had a roommate in college who had a whole list of words she hated. I used to tease her by putting them all together in a sentence. You can have fun making your own sentence with these words she hated:

sack panties sprout crotch moist

Darci said...

LOL.

Renee said...

Perhaps we need to talk about your fear of intimacy (physical and emotional)???