Thursday, September 4, 2008

Summer Office Party

My summer office party was last night. I've worked at many places and been to many summer parties, but this one doesn't even compare. E! definitely knows how to throw a party! It began with an order of 200,000 Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast, Pink's Hot Dogs for lunch, an incredibly tasty catered Mediterranean influenced dinner, about 10 open bars (stocked with diet coke, thankfully, and 'round-trip taxi vouchers for all employees), and ended with live music performances from 7:30pm-2:00am! This was an employee-only event--no guests allowed. My friend Shana works in the twin building across the courtyard from me and she sent me a text message yesterday afternoon wondering what was going on. Sorry Shana! (Hope you had fun watching the concerts from your balcony!) Her office building wasn't even allowed out of their front doors! Security stopped "outsiders" at every point... checking for the coveted little green wrist bands we were all given to attend. One of the funniest parts of the night was watching the security "standing guard"--while dancing the night away!

Clinton Sparks DJ'd all night and N.E.R.D. (Pharrell Williams' band) was the headliner. Sean Kingston--famous for "Beautiful Girls", Colby O'Donis--“What You Got" featuring Akon, and Ray J--"Sexy Can I" all performed too. It was pretty fun and wild. Our CEO told us not to show up to work today before 11am... needless to say... it was a quiet day at work. I'm assuming Advil sales were at an all-time high at the grocery store across the street.

I can't wait for the Holiday Party!

My office front courtyard turned concert venue

Amanda and I--we sit right next to each other and have the same last name!

My coworkers and I

I loved the decor



Sean Kingston


Colby O'Donis


Ray J


N.E.R.D.

*I saved these videos at a very low-res... maybe I'll reexport better versions later.

No comments: