Friday, April 18, 2008

"My name is... and I'm a Blogaholic"

I am suffering from Blogitis. This could be due to an excessive lack of blogging lately, the extraordinary amount of down-time I'm having at work the past two days, or the Adderall finally kicking in. ;) Either way, here's another little update on recent adventures and events in my life.

Phil was one of the first guys I met when I moved to LA in 2002. In fact, I remember meeting him after his Sunday School lesson one Sunday in 2001 while I was visiting the UCLA ward. Jill moved in a little later and the two eventually became inseparable. There was rarely a day that went by where I didn't see her car parked outside of his apartment, just across the street from mine; it secretly made me happy.

After a surprise engagement at Griffith Observatory, an upheaval to SLC during Christmas, and taking the BAR exam soon thereafter, they finally got married last month at the LDS Los Angeles Temple! Their reception was held at the Rancho Palos Verdes Golf Course. It sat on a cliff overlooking the ocean... it couldn't have been more beautiful. Minus the gail-force winds that day, it was perfect.

I was lucky enough to see them for dinner the next night before leaving for their minimoon. They introduced me to the world's best hamburger joint in Santa Monica called "The Stand". I'll forever be grateful! Love you guys and congratulations again!

Here are some photos I stole from Erin and Adam... thanks guys! :)

Phil & Jill at the LA Temple


Adam & Erin and Mark & Kirsten (3 days before Britton was born... poor girl)


Sparklers: the modern version of rice-throwing

1 comment:

A | E said...

Thanks for the shout out and feel free to steal our photos anytime, that's what they're for!