Thursday, October 11, 2007

Craft Night

The first of many monthly craft nights kicked-off tonight at my apartment. I taught the art of Scherenschnitte and Calligraphy. I must say, LA 1st ward girls are mighty talented with tiny pairs of scissors and x-acto knives! Of all the designs, I think the dragons were the favorites. Allana's butterfly was a massive, but beautiful undertaking, and Julia's snowflake was pretty dang cool. Maggie created a Halloween card I'll never forget... complete with a skeleton and floating skull.

I must give credit where credit is due. I was completely inspired by Cindy's blog that I found through a common friend. She's incredibly talented at the art of paper cutting, what she creates is amazing. Check it out.

These are a sample of our first attempts. We did not draw these. I found these images on Scherenschnitte websites and photocopied them for the girls to create their own papercuttings from. As you can see... we rock.







1 comment:

Cindy Bean said...

Very nice! It's so easy! Most anyone can do it.