Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Encounters of the Urinal Kind


I was at Target and needed to use the bathroom. A huge red sign entitled RESTROOM was hung just above a little corridor opening. I made a bee-line inside, narrowly missing a guy on his way out. It was too late. I walked in to find a man standing at a urinal, just as the guy I passed came back and said, "Uhh, this is the men's room." Woops!

But don't worry, not 5 hours later my sister and I were at dinner with our family as we walked to the back of the restaurant in search of restrooms. (Gigantic doses of diet Pepsi makes your bladder work over-time, just FYI.) I was determined not to make the same mistake twice... I checked the sign on the door this time, but Courtney didn't! I grabbed her just as she started walking in to the men's restroom in front of me. I'm such a nice sister! Maybe I should have let her learn on her own.

What is it with me and restrooms? I don't get it.

BTW- The women's restroom sign was not working at Target... it's totally not my fault! Although I'm sure the look on my face was priceless as I entered the wrong room, the look on Urinal-Man's face was even better--shock and horror. It was like a deer in headlights! It made me giggle. :)

5 comments:

AMD said...

I'm noticing this bathroom-themed blogness of yours. It's inspiring me to update my blog....don't ask me why because I haven't quite figured it out.

Ryan said...

I've accidentally used a womens bathroom. Women seemed scared of me as I excited.

Anonymous said...

Its inspiring me to updat my blog and I say his this is my first comments.

Kim, Byron H & M said...

That is a funny story, I've totally walked into the men's bathroom at Olive Garden. Awkward. And by the way, why does the girl in your picture only get one leg? I mean, is it the handicapped bathroom?

Darci said...

I know this is an old post, but Kami just told me about your blog.

Sorry about the bathroom thing, I would hae died!!!